Improving Website usage (and membership) ...

--25d Petrol Tank Wagon (1934-50)

-562 and 962 Muir Hill Dumper Truck (1948-66)

-673 Daimler Scout Car (1953-61) - Daimler "Dingo" Scout Car

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

2 weeks 1 day ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

2 weeks 5 days ago

-108 MG Midget Sports (Competition Finish) (1955-59)

2 weeks 6 days ago

-108 MG Midget Sports (Competition Finish) (1955-59)

2 weeks 6 days ago

2 weeks 6 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 3 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 3 days ago

--24c/24cp and 522 Citroën DS 19 (1956-19..) and 530 Citroën DS 19 berline 1963 (1964-70) and DS 23 berline 1969 (1976-78) (2)

3 weeks 3 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 4 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 4 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 4 days ago

1403 Matra M 530 coupé (1967-72)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-247 Proposed double deck tram car

4 weeks 1 day ago

-247 Proposed double deck tram car

4 weeks 1 day ago

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

1 month 2 days ago

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

1 month 1 week ago

-191 Dodge Royal Sedan (1959-64)

1 month 1 week ago

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

1 month 1 week ago

-511, 911 and 431 Guy 4 ton Lorry (1947-58)

1 month 1 week ago

-143 Ford Capri (1962-67)

1 month 1 week ago

-143 Ford Capri (1962-67)

1 month 1 week ago

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

1 month 1 week ago

--24t and 535 2 CV. Citroën (1952-63)

1 month 1 week ago

-143 Ford Capri (1962-67)

1 month 1 week ago

Meetings between DTCA members

1 month 2 weeks ago

Dinky of the day.

1 month 2 weeks ago

--24r Peugeot 203 (1951-1959)

1 month 3 weeks ago

--24r Peugeot 203 (1951-1959)

1 month 3 weeks ago

• Since: 11/28/2022 - 17:53

New arrivals (cont...)

Hi Jon, I discovered the Meccano Business Archive in 2001, and found very interesting material there. However, many of such business archives are still underdisclosed, and accessible on a collection level only on the internet. I know this from my own professional practice. The Meccano Archives are now housed in a much better building than 20 years ago and more and more documents are moved to the Museum building. Subsequently online access will increase. Now one has to work with the analogue lists and indexes available on location. But a persevering researcher has no problems with that ... and surprising discoveries may show up!

kasvd
DTCA Member

Well done Jan, let’s bring them all together again.

And also thanks, Kas, Terry, for your comments. From the very moment I acquired these documents (because I had a special interest in the never made Bedford Articulated Streamlined Petrol Tanker and the lists) I was convinced that this unique source material should not be private property but public property. Kind regards, Jan

binnsboy650
DTCA MemberUK

Bravo, Jan!

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

You wait a while for a new Dinky, then they all come at once (and sit on the floor of the toy room because there's no place for them) ...

That is true 'mass collecting', Jonathan! wink

Congratulations with that nice batch of new arrivals.

No doubt you will find some new parking space, try all corners in the house!

The French ones in particular are nice. I am still trying to find a fine and affordable 25u Ford camion citerne 'Esso', but it's not easy.

Kind regards, Jan

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Johnny

You do not do things by half ! What an arrival. Congratulations.

I would be happy to add the Plymouth Police and Plymouth cab to the Encyclopaedia. Are they colour samples or mock-ups ? Is the Bedford van finished in as John Gay ?

All the best.

Jacques

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan -- The 25u Esso tanker I added is actually in not very good condition, though especially since the decals are OK, it is what I consider displayable. I never had one before, and as you say, it does not seem easy to find.

Jacques -- Actually you are ahead of me here ... you already have pictures of the Plymouth Police and Taxi mockups in the Encyclopedia, and I am sure they are images of these two that I now own. The models are unique mockups of proposed color schemes, and were originally purchased from a Vectis auction of the Doug McHard collection.

The Bedford Van is a John Gay model finished in his own livery.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Some more, near-final, additions ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Some more, near-final, additions ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Second-to-last Dinky Toy (?) thanks to DTCA member David Rawstron ...

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jon--That looks very nice......when was that one made? I don't remember seeing one like it before.

Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Terry -- this is the 288 Superior Cadillac Ambulance that was made right up to the end, but in the Danish export version for the Falck company. It also comes with a red body, and I have had that version for a while.

This is an elegant car, but personally I am in no hurry to repose in the back of a black Cadillac!

Interesting new models, Jonathan, in particular the ones from Calcutta.This is what happens when someone else makes a Dinky!

Some modest but nice recent additions of mine below. The Streamlined Fire Engine is my sixth variant, the final one with the whole rectangle at the rear painted in silver - in stead of the more precise details on the previous issues. Two additions for my 1:1200/1:1250 ship models collection. The Tri-ang Shell tanker Varicella was the last omission of the regular series. It's a poor model. Very cheap and in perfect condition, so I bought it anyway. The other is a Wiking 1:1250 model of a Dutch Freighter M.S. Klipfontein (1939-1953).

Underneath is the sales brochure of the German branch of Coles. Mark Simiele wrote about it in the July issue of The Journal. I found it on the website of a German old books shop. In perfect condition it is also for me a nice complement to my German promotional of the Coles 20-Ton Lorry Mounted Crane. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Something a little different ...

It's almost 10 days ago since the last contribution to the Forum! Anyway, here is one of mine then, showing my acquisitions of November. First of all, on arrival I was happy to see that my annual Dinky Toys calendar for 2023 turned out quite well. Always a surprise what the printed result of my digital efforts looks like. Furthermore, I was able to find two slightly unusual Petrol Tank Wagons, no. 25d. The early post-war example with smooth hubs has the 'PETROL' capitals unusually stamped in white. The other, slightly later model is completely missing the word, because it was intended for export to the USA. The Muir-Hill Dumper Truck is my number five, but I didn't have this lighter yellow version yet. The Scout Car is the very first version that did not yet have a driver. Those early illustrated boxes also did not have the number (673) on the sides and the picture does not yet show the driver's head. My Land-Rover Trailer was unboxed up to now. This has been rectified at last. The white ship of the Tri-ang Minic Ships series is the French 'Antilles'. Bought for next to nothing because all masts were missing, but the model is pristine, as is the box. My less beautiful previous example did have them all, so a transplant was quickly carried out. Sorry for this strange duck in the bite, I just love diecast ship models on the scale 1:1200 / 1:1250, as you may know! I hope to add some more details and pictures in the respective threads soon. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan -- I see that the cover of your calendar prominently advertises a U.S. distributor ... presumably those of us in the States will be able to get copies easily, then?

Jon