--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

52 min 47 sec ago

--24r Peugeot 203 (1951-1959)

1 hour 14 min ago

--24r Peugeot 203 (1951-1959)

1 hour 19 min ago

--24r Peugeot 203 (1951-1959)

2 hours 40 min ago

-295 Atlas Kenebrake Bus (1960-65)

16 hours 13 min ago

-295 Atlas Kenebrake Bus (1960-65)

17 hours 43 min ago

--42c Point Duty Policeman white coat (1936-40)

17 hours 47 min ago

--42c Point Duty Policeman white coat (1936-40)

20 hours 12 min ago

--27f and 344 Estate Car (1950- 61)

22 hours 58 min ago

--42c Point Duty Policeman white coat (1936-40)

1 day 18 hours ago

--42c Point Duty Policeman white coat (1936-40)

1 day 21 hours ago

--42c Point Duty Policeman white coat (1936-40)

1 day 22 hours ago

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

1 day 22 hours ago

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

--22e Farm Tractor (1933-40)

--29c and 290 Double Decker Bus (1938-63)

1 week 16 hours ago

-140 Morris 1100 (1963-69)

1 week 4 days ago

1 week 4 days ago

-189 Triumph Herald Saloon (1959-64)

1 week 4 days ago

1 week 5 days ago

1 week 5 days ago

1 week 5 days ago

1 week 5 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

-189 Triumph Herald Saloon (1959-64)

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

1 week 6 days ago

• Since: 01/12/2022 - 11:32

New arrivals (cont...)

Chris1
AustraliaDTCA Member

Terry,

As I mentioned above, Jacques Dujardin, in his encyclopedia, describes 2 versions of the 22c, one in olive green and one in khaki colour which I take to mean military versions and I have attached photographs . I think the second one is much the same as mine though mine is glossier.

Chris.

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Chris---Thanks for clearing that up!  I should have assumed you were talking about a military version, but there was no mention of it in the first post.  And to complicate things, the Richardson's apparently were not aware of a pre-war version as they make no mention of it in either of their books.  It must be quite rare....congrats on such a wonderful find!
     Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

I finally completed my set of 283 Red Arrow buses by obtaining the more unusual (and more unrealistic) metallic red version. (It of course has been a long-standing gripe of mine that Liverpool used metallic red for various fire department vehicles as well. Did they really think children were that stupid? The metallic red paint chips easily, too.)

The auction lot came with a "Green Line" single-decker too, of course assembled by somebody from the kit version, but done very nicely.

These items arrived in the past few weeks: a new 2022 version of my annual calendar, three instruction leaflets and a Royal Mail Van plus accessories. The calendar is the fourteenth already since Dave Busfield and I compiled the 2009 75th Dinky anniversary calendar for the DTCA. I continued this privately, for my own, since 2010. The instruction leaflets are of the Camion petrolier saharien, the French no. 888, the no. 956 Turntable Fire Escape, and the no. 571 Coles Mobile Crane. The Royal Mail Van is a lovely prewar example, as are the postmen and the letter boxes. Scarce (if complete, undamaged) as the latter are, I appreciate them most of all. The Air Mail Car - staged here, but not belonging to these newcomers - has its rightful blue letter box companion at last! Kind regards, Jan

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

original 292

kit 2023

Johnny,

Your Greenline single decker is not made from the kit, it is an original 292 with a very different green from the kit.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Jacques -- I am sure my single-decker was spray-painted, not painted using the vial of paint that was supplied with the kit ... but might the builder simply have purchased the darker shade of paint himself?

Naturally, I would like to believe it is an original 292 but I remain skeptical. I will say however that the paint has been applied very nicely. The white-painted baseplate appears identical to my Red Arrow versions.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

This lovely little Jeep arrived today. Not pristine, but nicer than the photos make it look -- and such a lovely color scheme!

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Some cranes arrived Saturday to do work around the house ....

The Civilian Jeep and the Grue Salev are favourites if mine too. I'm still looking for the pale green Jeep. Nice models, Jonathan!

I took pictures today of some recent arrivals. The French Renault Autobus parisien is the jewel amidst some more modest items. Though a little bit chipped it has no damage to the vulnerable tinplate roof, like rust, dents or any other deformations. Some paper documents too: the French 1962 Dinky Toys catalogue and the red 1959-60 Dinky Toys Collector's license. I wasn't aware that it is so small, 10.2 x 6.7 cm only! Two ship models slipped in between the Dinky stuff: a Queen Elizabeth class 'super Dreadnought' battleship and H.M.S. Furious, a very early British aircraft carrier, both made by Wiking on the 1/1250 scale.

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Jan,

Your Renault bus version 4 is a beauty, it is so rare in this condition. The collector's licence is also up to your high standard.

A licenced Dinky Toys collector at last! Kind regards, Jan

Hi all, herewith my season's greetings. Let's hope we can meet again in person, individually or at the AGM in 2022, after the last one, back in 2019!

And some nice Christmas gifts:

The very early post-war red Speed of the Wind with black driver is a special one, the same as Terry's, but this one with black tyres.

The original French Esso Station is far more difficult to find than the abundantly available Atlas replicas.

The Renault Dauphine is very nice, with a poor/fair box, but very affordable compared with many seen around.

The almost perfect unboxed plastic wheeled Cooper Bristol was a real bargain, a replacement for one I sold not long ago.

Kind regards,  Jan

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan--Lovely additions, and yes, your Speed of the Wind looks just like mine, but for the tires.  They must not have had that black painted driver very long post war.  And your French Esso gas pumps is also very nice, especially with those vulnerable, very thin hoses.  By the way, earlier boxes for it had the word "miniatures" printed on it.  I think I have one and will post it later.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
        Best regards,

Terry

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan--Thought you might like to see the earlier box for the 49d Esso Gas Pumps, with the quaint wording "miniatures" on it.  That wording was also on the very early boxes of the 24v Buick Roadmaster, and I also think the Simca Aronde.

Best regards,

Terry

Correct, Terry, thank you, mine is the later box indeed (although hardly visible on the quickly taken group picture above). Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

New this week ...

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jonathan---When I saw your very nice 24K Peugeot 402 I was surprised how familiar it looked....yet I do not have one.  I then quickly realized it strongly resembled the English Dinky Toys 30a Chrysler Airflow Saloon, of which I do have a copy.  Further investigation revealed that the real 1:1 Peugeot was inspired by the Chrysler Airflow, so the toy model resemblance makes lots of sense.  For everyone's enjoyment I have posted two photos below, showing both models at about the same angle.

Best regards,  Terry

Wow, Jonathan, these are really beautiful and rather uncommon French factory items!

The detailing ... and the zamak wheeled Peugeot ...

Congratulations, Jan

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

An excellent model of the Peugeot 402 on which the French tool makers showed their expertise from the very begining of Dinky Toys by reproducing the Peugeot Lion on the rear wheel spats.

Congratulations Jonathan.