Club News

-676 Engin Blindé Daimler (1972)

10 hours 15 min ago

--47y Robot (Two Face - Back to back) (1948-48)

Trade Boxes

--47y Robot (Two Face - Back to back) (1948-48)

-577 Berliet GAK bétaillère (1965-71)

1 week 2 hours ago

1 week 3 days ago

1 week 3 days ago

1 week 3 days ago

-449 Johnston Road Sweeper (1977-80)

1 week 5 days ago

-512, 912 and 432 Guy Flat Truck (1947-57)

1 week 5 days ago

-511, 911 and 431 Guy 4 ton Lorry (1947-58)

1 week 5 days ago

-162 Ford Zephyr Saloon (1956-60)

1 week 5 days ago

-674 Austin Champ (1954-71)

1 week 6 days ago

2 weeks 3 hours ago

-295 Atlas Kenebrake Bus (1960-65)

2 weeks 17 hours ago

-295 Atlas Kenebrake Bus (1960-65)

2 weeks 18 hours ago

-295 Atlas Kenebrake Bus (1960-65)

2 weeks 18 hours ago

-504 and 941 Foden 14-Ton Tanker 'Mobilgas' (1953-56)

2 weeks 19 hours ago

2 weeks 1 day ago

-105 Triumph TR2 Touring Finish (1957-60)

2 weeks 2 days ago

-504 and 941 Foden 14-Ton Tanker 'Mobilgas' (1953-56)

2 weeks 3 days ago

-504 and 941 Foden 14-Ton Tanker 'Mobilgas' (1953-56)

2 weeks 3 days ago

-105 Triumph TR2 Touring Finish (1957-60)

2 weeks 5 days ago

-674 Austin Champ (1954-71)

3 weeks 1 day ago

-626 Military Ambulance (1956-65)

3 weeks 1 day ago

David Cooke

3 weeks 3 days ago

3 weeks 3 days ago

Talkmodeltoys

3 weeks 4 days ago

--39d Buick Viceroy Saloon (1939-50)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-105 Triumph TR2 Touring Finish (1957-60)

3 weeks 4 days ago

Talkmodeltoys

3 weeks 4 days ago

-887 Muir-Hill basculeur automoteur [Muir-Hill Dumper Truck] (French assembly, 1959-1961)

3 weeks 5 days ago

• Since: 04/07/2021 - 02:45

New arrivals (cont...)

A Matchbox example of the same year 1962, the Jaguar 3.4 Mk 2 on the 1/72 scale!

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Jan -- that's a good example. I was thinking of, among others, a somewhat later model that I owned, the Ford Cortina Mark II. Its doors would open well and then close with a satisying snap that I remember to this day.

In order to hold up Binns Road's honour I am trying to think of a British Dinky with an opening feature that is as slickly implemented, but none comes to mind at the moment ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

The post brought another today ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel

Today ...

Is this French lady in her Peugeot 404 cabriolet the same lady as the English driver?

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

No Jan it is her sister, she belongs to the same large family, other sisters have been fitted to the Daf ref. 508, The Renault 8S ref. 1414 and the Fun A'hoy set ref. 125. . The way she wears her headscarf shows that she is muslim, the first and only one in the Dinky Toys range. There was already a black man riding the rare triporteur ref. 14a. The Honda S 800 ref. 1408 could have been provided with a japanese driver so that all the colour variations are in the Dinky Range.

Townie54's picture
Townie54
DTCA Member

Inspired by 1435 DS Presidentielle and owning a real DS (as was obligatory for serious architects, and being allowed to drive a colleague’s Chapron bodied car), I have collected several examples. Only the PP Copy model for Dinky Club France features De Gaulle, in his kepi. Other makers have covered the cars and presidents, my last Holland (sans crash helmet!). Macron has now appeared in an SUV, but so short his head barely sticks out.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Unfortunately I do not have the Peugeot 404 cabriolet, so I cannot compare the ladies. But I can say that when the Spitfire was new, it was not only Muslins who wore headscarves ...

Richard's picture
Richard

Hi boys.

3 new Citroën just arrived to complete my team.

1) Grey with red wheels : die 1, second version

2) Black with cream wheels : die 2,

Kind regards

Richard

Although I have the grey civilian no. 105 Triumph TR2 Sports in my collection already, and I do not seek to have them all, I could not let this affordable lemon beauty escape when it came along. It is a slightly later (but not the final) issue, with the nobbly tyres, shiny base plate and the brighter yellow box, with correct colour spot. A very fine addition to my Triumph family, as demonstrated in the freshly taken pictures below. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

A beautiful Triumph, Jan!

Here is a new arrival for me ...

Richard's picture
Richard

For me, it's an Opel Admiral in blue colour that I got yesterday.

Friendly yours

Richard

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

The sun came out today, so ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel

Today ...

Hi Jonathan, always nice to have a Fire Engine addition! I guess it will benefit a great deal from having the remarkable tyres replaced by correct ones. Looking at the darker grey hose reel box and its undistorted condition it appears to be an early 555, which would justify the black or grey round tread 20 mm tyres, the left and centre examples shown. The block treaded black ones are suitable for much later issues.

I found a correct final issue 674 Austin Champ, next to my earlier find without driver. And now I can better explain how and why the difference, in my opinion. To be published in due time in the correct thread. By the way, both excellent examples - though unboxed - have a continental provenance. The previous one came from Paris, France, and this new acquisition came from Mainz, Germany, 28 and 26 euro bargains respectively. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Jan -- thank you for your expert Fire Engine comments! I guess I am the polar opposite of you, since I know you have an unrivaled collection of this model, whereas for me I always neglected it for some unfathomable reason. I'm glad to have the tip about the proper tyres!

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel

New yesterday ...

The prototype box for the Ferrari, purchased separately earlier, is a bit of a mystery.

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Johnny,

The text "LIFT-UP ENGINE HOOD" means that this card was probably planed for exports but as these cards are not printed with the either the marque DINKY or DINKY TOYS they must be fakes. There is no evidence that this and other similar cards have been made by or for Meccano Ltd. incidentaly it is useless. Try to put it around the base of a cristal box.

There are similar cards for the E type Jaguar, Jensen FF and the De Tomaso Mangusta and perhaps other ones. Why are there three cards for English DINKY and only one for a French DINKY which was never packed in a cristal box and was not fited with folding seats backs ?

BUYERS BEWARE

Anyway, very nice Ferrari and pumps

Jacques

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

The card is  labeled  with the marque, stating "Start a Dinky Toys collection" at lower right. But yes, the card is probably spurious, given that the detailed base of the Ferrari would have to have been retooled to incorporate fixing points for the crystal box. And if they were planning to sell the model in the UK, why still with the French sales number?

If a fake, it is well done, however, on the right kind of period paper ...

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

I collected these six from the Post Office today.

alkeeling's picture